07/03/2011

# 27

glasgow museum of modern art, cca, final major project 

this weekend i went to glasgow! i visited the museum of modern art (goma) and the cca. 
 
we are now into our 3rd week of the fmp! everything is going by ridiculously fast. today has been spent working over newspapers. i have been collecting them like crazy (2 papers a day) and i have been blocking out the “unimportant” news stories and leaving stories that tell us things to be cautious about. i am finding it quite therapeutic! im doing it with acrylic paint as i have discovered that it is the only material that doesnt seep through too much onto the other side, and it is also quite quick to do. all the pens i experimented with just sank through onto the next side, which ruined the effect i was going for - of just highlighting certain articles.

 
i was quite nervous over the weekend as to how my project is going, but i think i am getting somewhere by working with newspapers. this week i want to experiment with mono prints (with the information that i gathered from my questionnaires), on different types of paper and weights.
my work in progress presentation is tomorrow. this will give me the opportunity to gather back into my group and tutor that i gave my “ideas pitch” to and to show them my progress. i will get quite detailed advice and feedback that will help my develop my work and make it move forward. i expect to write in my online reflective journal tomorrow as well. i am beginning to feel more comfortable writing online about my progress, and i think im selecting the right moments to document key changes in my ways of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment